Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Monday, July 03, 2006

Strawberry Block and Bonnet Girl

I added quite a bit to the strawberry block yesterday. The red flowers and pearls along the lace at the bottom, the spider and web, the butterly to the left and I beaded the lace to the top left of the big strawberry.

To make the beaded fringe along the edge of the lace, I came up with my needle at the left corner. I picked up 11 beads and then inserted my needle 1/2 an inch to the right. I came up again 1/4 inch to the left, picked up 11 more seed beads and inserted my needle 1/2 an inch to the right. If you do that all the way along the edge of your lace, you'll have a nice scalloped beaded fringe edging.

To see it up close, click on the photo to go to my Flickr page:

Strawberry Block Day 9

Besides working on the strawberry block yesterday, I also finished the little bonnet girl.

Bonnet Girl

1 comment:

Marty52 said...

This is so wonderful... it almost looks like you could pluck the strawberries right off of it! That spider in the corner is sure mean looking though. :0)

Related Posts with Thumbnails