Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Rose Garden Handbag - Stitching Complete


Pink Hankie CQ
Originally uploaded by Kitty And Me.
I finished this little piece last night. I see I didn't quite get it straight on the scanner but that's ok. It's enough for you to see.

I really love the colors in this and I thought the diagonal piecing would make for an interesting project which it did.

I was at a loss for what to put in the pink patch at the top. I had already used the bee charms, that tiny little ladybug charm and a butterfly. So I dug into my button box and found that vintage black rhinestone button.

Sure wish the scanner would pick up the dimension and sparkle of my pieces.

I've completed alot of finishing and will share photos next week. The Strawberry Fields quilt is done, the Bonnet Lady handbag is done as is the Butterfly Handbag. I just need to get photos which I'll do over the weekend.

2 comments:

allie aller said...

What a great way to use that lovely old hankie! I have a few of them myself, so thanks for the inspiration...

All these treasured stash items just add up over time, don't you think? And they seem to find their way to us, too, don't they? People will give us a box of stuff from their great aunt that they don't know what to do with...but oh, we do! Or a junk store will have a sale...or an newly discovered internet website with cool supplies will cause us to get out that credit card...

Susan said...

Beautiful piece! I had to enlarge it and study everything you did. You do exquisite work!

Related Posts with Thumbnails