Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Saturday, July 15, 2006

100 Details In 100 Days - Day 25


Motif Blackwork Shamrock
Originally uploaded by Kitty And Me.
The Victorians were huge on symbols of "Good Luck". Shamrocks, spiders and webs, horseshoes and other tokens of health and prosperity were often worked into their crazyquilts.

Years back, I wrote a poem for one of my published counted cross stitch designs which included a shamrock with roses and lavender, titled "In An Emerald Wood":


Somewhere deep in an Emerald Wood,
a tiny shamrock grows
fragranced by the lovely scent
of a wild Irish rose.

If I should find this clover,
I'll pluck it from it's place
and send it off to you my friend
wrapped in lavender and lace.


The point of this little design is to give you a foundation for embellishing. I see SRE, silk rosebuds, glass leaves and beads. Stitch this little blackwork shamrock, think of my poem and embellish like crazy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails