Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Rose Garden Handbag Continued


Pink Hankie CQ
Originally uploaded by Kitty And Me.
I had a few hours to stitch on this yesterday afternoon. I added my signature cat, did the vine and silk ribbon rosebuds, added some beads to the lace and then did the little scallop at the top right. Those are fly stitches done on 8.5 count waste canvas. I really like the way it looks and have a lot of ideas for embellishing that. I just have to pick one of those ideas!

You probably can tell that I really only use a small variety of stitches on my crazyquilts. Every now and then I do something new and I've certainly gained alot of ideas from Sharon's 100 Details in 100 Days posts not to mention my own series of charted borders. But the point I'm making is that new crazyquilters shouldn't be intimidated by lack of stitch knowledge. If all you know how to do is the feather stitch, then by all means, cover every seam with feather stitches. Each one can be worked in a different thread color and embellished a variety of ways.

I do however encourage stitchers to try new things and Sharon's blog is a source for embellishing ideas!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails