Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Sunday, July 30, 2006

100 Details In 100 Days - Day 40


Motif Peacock Feather
Originally uploaded by Kitty And Me.
I can't believe we're up to day 40 already! I've enjoyed this project so much!

Today's detail is sort of a repeat. I've shared this pattern before but since we're in "peacock mode" and for those of you who are new to following my blog, I thought I'd make it today's motif.

I use this feather on every peacock themed quilt I do. Sometimes it has to be adjusted a little bit to fit the space and you can certainly use whatever colors you want to for this.

I trace the design onto tissue paper and then pin it to my quilt and stitch it use 2 strands of DMC floss. I do the fill in satin stitching after I tear the tissue paper away. Yes, that part can be tedious and time consuming as well as a bit frustrating but it works well and the results are worth it.

1 comment:

patternnuts said...

thank you Pamela! I think I may be able to use this one as a starting point, a beginner's item I think you'd say! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails