Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Saturday, July 22, 2006

100 Details In 100 Days - Day 32


Motif Dragonfly
Originally uploaded by Kitty And Me.
As you can see, I'm trying to do motifs that you would find on traditional Victorian Crazyquilts. The Victorians loved their bugs so continuing on with that theme, today's offering is a dragonfly.

I've never been a huge fan of dragonflies and not sure why. They don't bother me when I see them outside. I think I'm just always attracted to the butterflies forgetting about how pretty some of the dragonflies really are.

Again, I hope that you'll add your own ideas to this design. Change the floss colors to suit your liking or your project. Try metallic thread for the wings. The wings do not have to be done in black. Make then any color you like and have fun with it!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails