Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Tree Ornament

I don't have an update for you today on my Christmas CQ Block. I was kind of tired yesterday when I finished my work so I just sat and watched TV last night. Despite being a Cub fan, I'm very pleased that the White Sox won the World Series. Although, I'm a little sad that baseball season is officially over now. Whatever will I watch?!

Anyway, instead, I thought I'd share with you a Christmas ornament that I made earlier this year using one of my iron-on transfers. A WorkBasket transfer.

Tree Ornament

I stitched this on plain muslin, using DMC varigated green for the branches. I added some bugle beads for the candles, big red sequins for the ornaments and star sequin for the top of the tree.

If you'd like see this same design done in Redwork, visit Turkey Feathers blog. Specifically, this post.

Vicki used this design on valances for her kitchen. Very cute! Vicki also offers several free holiday patterns including this little tree on her Patternbee website so please take a peek!

2 comments:

~Vicki said...

How wonderful! I love it, such a sweet little ornament. The sequins add a nice touch too. (Thanks for the plugs!)

Gina E. said...

That is very pretty, and so unique, Pam. I don't usually fuss with ornaments at Xmas time, but I could quite cheerfully hang this one up on our front door.

Related Posts with Thumbnails