Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Sunday, October 02, 2005

All That Jazz Day 2


All That Jazz Day 2
Originally uploaded by Kitty And Me.
I have the butterfly filled in now. I used 3 strands of DMC cotton floss and 1 strand of Kreinik Blending Filament in the blue part. It's a perfect focal point.

I feel so much better about this now. I was having such a terrible creative block over this piece. The theme was just throwing me off.

Anyway, as I mentioned in yesterday's post, I'm going to be adding some forgetmenot flowers to represent those who lost their lives to the storm. I may also add a wavy music staff to help make my cute little buttons work.

I also need to Google Bouganvilla flowers. My mom said they're pink and this block could definately use some more hot pink. I have no idea what they look like because the don't grow up north where I live but they're quite popular in southern gardens so I thought they might make a nice addition.

4 comments:

Janet said...

I like how it's looking Pam...going great.

Gina E. said...

Oh it is going to be perfect Pam - your sentiments really hit the spot. I am interested to read how you used metallic thread on the butterfly. I have just used one of the threads you sent me; I used one strand with two strands of white, for a Xmas candy stick in red and white. I doubt if the person who receives it will notice the difference, but I did think it lifted the design out of the ordinary!

sharonb said...

Pam bouganvillias can be from light pink to a deep hot pink - when I was in Western Australia I had an apricot one in my yard.

It wil be interesting to see how the block develops.

Jacqui said...

We had bouganvillias in our garden in Trinidad when I was a little girl. Beautiful flowers, lovely ideas developing around your block too :) Funny it already has a perfume for me, must be those flower memories. Do bouganvillias have a scent?

Related Posts with Thumbnails