Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Saturday, October 01, 2005

All That Jazz Finally Started!


All That Jazz Day 1
Originally uploaded by Kitty And Me.
Well, after beating my head against the wall for days, I finally decided on what to do with this.

In the words of the old song, "I gotta be me!" meaning, I was trying too hard to do something that wasn't my taste.

I don't care for Jazz (give me Mozart and Vivaldi)and I'm not big on parties or get-togethers so the whole jazz/mardi gras thing just wasn't working for me.

I still love my block and I'm glad I used the fabrics and colors that I did. But I've changed the theme of my block. The south will rise again "On The Wings Of Hope" represented by the butterfly.

I'll be including some Forgetmenot flowers in rememberance of those who lost their lives due to the storm.

I still plan to use my cool little music buttons that mom found for me but I think it will have a more traditional Crazy Quilt look than what I had originally planned on.

I still have to fill in the butterfly. I'll be using DMC embroidery floss and some Kreinik Blending Filament. Once I get that done, then I'll start on the seam treatments.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails