Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Christmas Block Day 6


Christmas Block Day 6
Originally uploaded by Kitty And Me.
This block seems to be flowing a little easier now.

I added some gold beads to the antique lace piece at the top. Then some gold braid to the antique lace on the right along with some tiny rosebud appliques. I did a feather stitch on the left seam, tatted some tiny rings without picots and sewed those on and then beaded that.

I also added the little Christmas piece. This was an earring that I bought at a flea market over the Summer. I took the clip off of the back so that it would lay flat and sewed it down.

I mentioned yesterday that I was thinking of hand coloring the poinsettia with oil pastels but Kay Susan suggested that it was fine the way it was, that it was a perfect focal point so I think I'll take her advice and let it be. I do want to add some little pine branches or curly q's but I want to finish embellishing the seams first before I do that.

2 comments:

LouAnne said...

This Christmas Block is simply stunning! And I agree about leaving the center poinsettia cream color. It MAKES the block, by the way. I also agree it could use some type of greenery but his block sure doesn't need much more!I've been watching your progress and am green with envy. I wish I had the time to start something Christmas-y; I've too much on my plate right now!

Julia said...

I agree,
Perfect as is!
I think the cream poinsettia is the focal point of the block and is very Christmas.
I love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails