Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Friday, October 21, 2005

Christmas Block Day 3


Christmas Block Day 3
Originally uploaded by Kitty And Me.
I didn't get as much stitching in last night as I had wanted to. But I did add some red poinsettias to the curly vine. I did lazy daisy stitch flowers with a Watercolor thread from The Caron Collection, added a few lazy daisy leaves with a DMC Perle cotton and then filled them in with some Mill Hill beads. They're not quite as sparkly as I wanted them but they were the only color I had that worked with the over all block.

I have some green holly leaf sequins which I hope will work with the poinsettia in the center. I'll give those a try later today.

3 comments:

Janet said...

Pam, I love those tiny red flowers, made with the lazy daisey stitch! The color looks so nice with the rest of the design.

Grangry said...

This is lovely. Its so nice to watch this block develop before my eyes! The colours have a very 'victorian' feel.

Julia said...

Beautiful!
I love the idea of a Christmas block and this is just perfect.
Love the little red poinsettia flowers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails