Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Friday, June 24, 2005

Peacock CQ Block


CQBlue3
Originally uploaded by Kitty And Me.
I did alot of stitching on this block last night. Well, maybe it doesn't look like I did alot but I spent quite a few hours on it.

I finished adding the beads to the seam embroidery on the top left. Added beads to the seam embroidery on the bottom left. Added beads and sequins to the white scalloped lace, oh and some Swarovski crystals!

On the blue trim across the top, I added some blue glass pearl-like beads. On the right side, another piece of lace along with some vintage strung silver sequins.

Last but not least, I started embroidering the peacock feather on the light blue patch. It isn't complete yet. I plan to finish it later today. The feather is worked with 2 strands of DMC cotton floss along with 1 strand of Kreinik metallic gold and one strand of Kreinik metallic turquois. That was a challenge! Only due to stitching through the tracing paper. Oh but so sparkly!

More on this block tomorrow!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails