Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Good Luck Block Day 5


Good Luck Block Day 5
Originally uploaded by Kitty And Me.
More progress on the Good Luck block. As I mentioned earlier, I wanted to keep the seam treatments light and airy. The crocheted shamrock that will go in the center is delicate and I didn't want to over power that with heavy seam embellishments.

I added the spider web in the upper left hand corner. The Victorians believed that spiders were good luck so I felt it appropriote for this block. I did the web with a sparkly pearl thread by The Caron Collection and then added the pink spider.

My signature is in the bottom left hand corner and I found a pretty key pin in my junk jewelry from my flea market trips.

I don't feel I can go any further on this block until my mom has time to crochet the little shamrock for me. She said she would do it this week sometime. Once I have that on, I can figure out what else it needs or doesn't need.

I really wish you could all see these in person. They are so sparkly! And the sparkles just don't show up on the scanner.

Anyway, I'll figure out what else I want to work on in the meantime. And I still want to share some of the beautiful handmade gifts I received for Christmas. Maybe I'll get the little computer out later and transfer photos from the digi.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails