Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Friday, January 06, 2006

Curly Q Vines


Curly Q Vines
Originally uploaded by Kitty And Me.
I've recently received alot of compliments on my curly q vines and I've been asked how I do them.

I just freehand them. I choose a starting point and begin stitching. I've always used alot of curly q's in my x stitch designs so that's probably why I'm comfortable just freehanding them.

But for those of you who aren't comfortable with that, I drew out a pattern for you. If you click on the image, it should take you to my Flickr page where you can download the pattern to your computer. If you open it in a graphic program, you should be able to adjust the size of the pattern as desired.

Once downloaded, simply trace the vines onto a piece of tissue paper, then pin or baste it to where you want it on your quilt and stem stitch.

Once your stitching is complete, carefully tear away the tissue paper. Then you can add flowers, beads, lazy daisy stitches for leaves or anything else you'd like.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails