Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Biography Of Isaac Singer - Singer Sewing Machines

Many of you already know that I have 2 Singer Sewing Machines.  A vintage electric machine from the late 1950's that belonged to my Grandmother and an antique Singer Treadle machine.






While researching the dates for an article I was writing this afternoon, I came across a very well researched and well written biography of Isaac Singer.  I thought you would enjoy reading it.  Be sure to grab a cup of tea and a snack.  Isaac Singer had quite the interesting life!

2 comments:

Kim B said...

Beautiful machine. I have a New Companion its a treadle also. I love them. Hope you are having a happy Sunday, Hugs, Kim

Chris said...

This is a beautiful machine, just like the one I learned to sew on as a child. I purchased a Singer 401A in the late 50's and it's still my main machine. My dh thinks you buy one it's good for life. Lucky me that I bought a good one!
Beautiful work you do and I love your mothers Tussy Mussy's!

Related Posts with Thumbnails