Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Angel Purse Continued

Angel Purse

I didn't quite finish the border on the left-hand side of this block. Had to stop and make dinner.
Anyway, to continue on with my discussion on balancing a block, another way to do that is to do variations of the same stitch.

If you look closely at the border on the top right, it's a fan stitch. I used a different fan stitch on the bottom left corner. This offers a bit of visual repetition without being redundant.

I'll have time to work on this some more later but for now, I'll leave you with pages 14 & 15 of my vintage needlework catalog:

Needlecrafts Embroidery & Fancywork Catalog Page 14

Needlecrafts Embroidery & Fancywork Catalog Page 15

Be sure to click on the image to go to my Flicker site to see the large version. Check out that Cutwork Ship!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails