Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

We Now Return....

to our regularly scheduled programming! Sorry, just being silly!

I had fully intended to blog over the weekend but spontaneity took over and we found ourselves doing other things.

We're still trying to get some good photos of the hummingbirds before they head south for the Winter which is usually the beginning of October. Unfortunately, Scott didn't have any more luck than I did. The hummers are very territorial and spend more time chasing each other from the feeders than they do anything else.

Our time wasn't wasted though. While waiting for hummingbirds, we heard a funny whooshing sound off in the distance. Scott knew right away what it was but I'm not always the brightest crayon in the box and it took me awhile to figure it out. This is where the sound was coming from:

Balloon 1

This gorgeous hot-air balloon when right over our house!

Balloon 2

Is the photo amazing or what? No, I can't take credit for these pictures. Scott took them.

We did also did some yard work on Saturday. Well, we worked out there for as long as we could until the mosquitos started to carry us away and then we had to call it quits. They were totally oblivious to the OFF repellant that we used. I can't remember the last time they were this bad!

Anyway, on Sunday, we decided to drive up to the zoo in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It was a lovely day. Warm, sunny and blue sky as far as the eye could see. Again, I can't take credit for these photos. Scott is much better with the camera than I am:

Tiger

Zebra

Camel

Peacock 1

There were tons of peacocks there but all had shed their tail feathers and are in the process of growing them back. If you've never been to a zoo before, the peacocks just wander around the park. I of course, was right behind every one I saw! I just love peacocks, in case I never mentioned it before! Ha, ha, ha!

Yesterday, we spent the day visiting some furniture stores. I mentioned awhile back that we intend to build a Victorian Queen Anne Style House:

Our New House

This is the house that we fell in love with! When the time comes, we'll order the plans for this house but first we want to do some customizing. It has a wrap around back porch which you can't see in this photo but we want to replace that with a sunroom or what they call a 3 seasons room. I need a lot of light in the Winter months so the sunroom is where I'll be stitching.

Our main focus was trying to find Traditional Victorian Parlor furniture. We would like to have 1 very formal room that's mostly for looking at. Anyway, we went to about 5 different furniture stores and found many things that we liked and that will work in the other rooms but our formal living room furniture eluded us! We then had dinner, came home and Googled!

Now I couldn't live with purple walls but this is what we were looking for:

Parlor Furniture

This probably isn't the exact set that we want. It's the style that we were looking for. We found it at Magnolia Hall Victorian Furniture. If you would like to see more, hop over to their website. We spent hours here last night! I'm going to order their catalog later today.

Anyway, that was our weekend. Tomorrow, I'll have a few more zoo photos for you along with a photo of my finished Silhouette Lady purse.

5 comments:

loulee said...

Wow! You had a busy weekend.

Cheryl said...

I've long been an admirer of your work and have you under my favorites on my blog...but had no idea we must live pretty close since you're tromping around my backyard in Elkhorn and Milwaukee. I live halfway between both!

Scarf It Up said...

Now I know why you haven't responded to my message about your bag! It's in the mail! Let me know if you want me to list it.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend! Sounds fabulous!

KathyW 0304 said...

wow - what great pics, Pam! I love the tiger and the one of the balloon right over your house. I had the same experience a few years ago and even got a pic. ;)

Susan said...

Busy, busy fun! Thanks for the zoo pics in both messages. How exciting to be looking at furnishings and decorating for the house you are going to build!

Related Posts with Thumbnails