Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Scalloped Fan Seam Treatment

I don't have any stitching to share with you today. I worked late yesterday on my current design project and didn't have the energy afterwards to even think about stitching. Ok, I thought about it but didn't have the energy to do anything about it!

So, for today, I worked up a charted seam treatment for you to use on your crazyquilt projects:

Scalloped Fan

Don't you just love the Fan Stitch? Next to the Feather Stitch, it is one of my top favorites!

Click on the image to go to my Flickr site where you can download a large version of the pattern.

On the TAST front, I didn't get around to trying last weeks stitch, the Barred Chain. To be honest, I don't care for the way it looks. It really looks messy to me so I probably won't do anything with it.

As for this weeks stitch, the Up & Down Buttonhole, I'm not sure I care for this one much either. I'll have to head over to Sharon's Stitch Dictionary and see how it's done and then I'll decide whether or not to try it.

Before I get to my design work for today, I want to share a tip with you that Allison suggested to me. Try using Gel Pens to mark your seams. They work on any fabric and they come in a million different colors! Plus, they have fine tips so your stitches will cover the marks.

Have a great day everyone! See ya tomorrow!

2 comments:

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Just wanted to say I always enjoy browsing your blog with such beautiful work - and you take the time to share neat things with us as well. I really appreciate you!

Susan said...

I did try that stitch, and it's kind of fun when you get into it. However, I probably won't do a lot of it, because if I want that effect, I can just do a buttonhole.

Thanks for the scalloped fan design. I may use that later today on a RR.

Related Posts with Thumbnails