Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Dragonfly Purse

I started on this project yesterday afternoon:

Dragonfly Purse

Ok, I know what you're thinking. "Why is she using blue on this?" Well, there's a method to my madness! I decided to use this dragonfly as a focal point:

Dragonfly

He looked great on this block so I decided to embellish with blues in order to bring it all together. I'll hand-paint the lace applique when I finish up my design work for the day. I also have some other cool embellishment ideas for this including some beaded leaves. Yeah! Stop by tomorrow to see that!

It's funny but yesterday, I had no clue where this one was going but today, I can already see it completed! I have some blue Silk Ribbon from Pat Winter that I want to use on here and I just received some beautiful silver butterflies from my friend Bennie. I will be using one of those on here too!

I'll be finishing this into a purse. Yes, you know me, I love making purses!

If anyone is interested in my dragonflies, there's a few left in my Etsy shop.

Ok, for now, I have to finish up a design project and then I can stitch the rest of the day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is going to sound absurd, but I would swear that the pink floral fabric in that square came from my wedding dress! (Very hippy wedding, lol!) 'Course, it's not possible, as that was 40 years ago, and I've been happily divorced for 25 of them. Weird, though...

patternnuts said...

Funny, I didn't even think about why blue. It has very nice contrast on the piece.... Reminds me of Spring!

Related Posts with Thumbnails