Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Beaded Leaf Vine

I'm running a bit late today as today was my grocery shopping day.

Here is an update on my Dragonfly Purse:

Dragonfly Purse

As you can see, I did a beaded vine on the left. This was a bit time consuming but it's so pretty and quite 3 dimensional! The leaves actually dangle!

I've worked up a diagram pattern for you in case you would like to recreate these leaves on your own projects. You'll need size 11 seed beads and size 6 seed beads:

Beaded Leaf

Click on the image to go to my Flickr site where you can download a larger version of the diagram.

These are actually quite easy to do. Work your beaded vine first and then go back and add the leaves. You can also make flower petals with this pattern.

If you do try this and have a blog or Flickr site, let me know and I'll post the link so everyone can see your work!

NOTE: I had about 5 phone calls while writing the directions so this is a quick edit!!!

When you get back to the size 6 seed bead, run your needle through that, then the remaining 3 size 11 seed beads at the top and then put your needle back down into the fabric.

I hope no one is confused. Feel free to email me if you are.

1 comment:

Susan said...

That looks just fabulous, and I love that lace piece down in the bottom corner! Nope, directions were easy-peasy. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails