Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Friday, March 09, 2007

Almost Complete!

I didn't complete this last night, but for me, crazyquilting is about the journey and not the destination!

Pams Blackwork Peacock Purse

It doesn't quite fit on the scanner so when I do complete the stitching, I'll post a photo from the camera.

I added the spiderweb to the top right-hand corner using 1 strand of DMC floss. I did the vine first using #5 Perle Cotton, then did the web and then added the beads.

The rose pin in the top left corner is vintage. I found it down in Peoria Illinois when we were with Scott's dad. It's in perfect mint condition so I pinned it to the block and then did some whip stitches around the pin and into the foundation fabric. When it comes to vintage jewelry for using on my crazyquilts, I usually look for pieces where the pinback is broken. That way I don't feel guily for cutting it off! But when I find something that I really like and it's in mint condition, I try not to alter it.

The next step is to add my signature cat and some buttons.

I'm very happy to say that our floor is almost done. Scott was able to get a few more boards in last night and there's probably only about a dozen more to go! There is a light now at the end of the tunnel!

It's also 50 degrees here and sunny today! The snow is melting and I can see that my daffodils have popped out near my house. I was watching for robin birds when I went to WalMart this morning but so far, I haven't seen any. I'm sure they'll be back any day now and I'm so looking forward to seeing them again!

2 comments:

loulee said...

Pam it's beautiful. I love the rose pin, it fits in there very nicely.
I'm a sucker for these black work pieces.

Jo in NZ said...

Pam,This is just stunning. I love your 'blackwork' pieces. They are so elegant.
WHEN (note I say when, I am an optimist) I win the lottery, I am coming to spend a week with you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails