Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Friday, September 22, 2006

Pink Purse - Next Project


Pink Purse
Originally uploaded by Kitty And Me.
This will be my next crazyquilt project. A pink purse with piecing done in velveteen, silk, cotton with metallic and a pink chiffon or organza with foil.

I wanted you to see how I do this so I made sure some of the edge shows in the photo. I allow 1/2 inch seams on my blocks which I trim down once the sewing is complete and I mark the sewing line with hand basting. Once the stitching is complete, I pull the basting thread out, trim on the outside line and then sew where the basting line was.

This is a new style for me. It has a point at the bottom and I'd like to add a fancy tassel to it when it's done.

I'm off to put some miles on my sewing machine. I plan to finish my Clover block into a purse, sew up a custom CQ block, finish 2 doorknockers and sew up a CQ block for a Christmas gift. And if all goes well, have some time to start stitching on this purse today! Do I cram too much into my day?

1 comment:

claudia said...

I LOVE the colors in this project!

Related Posts with Thumbnails