Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pink Rose Cellphone Pouch Stitching Complete

I finished up on my Pink Rose Cellphone Pouch yesterday:

Look closely at the lace appliques.  I didn't want the leaves to cover my seam treatment on the right so I gave it a 3 dimensional look by bending that leaf on the right in a downward position.


I loved the way it looked so did something similar with the other 2 leaves and then beaded it all.  I also left the edges of the pink flowers floppy meaning, I didn't tack them down a the tips of the petals.  They're only tacked in the middle and then further supported with the bead work.  It's a little hard to see in the photo but it's quite 3 dimensional and a very interesting technique which I plan to do again on future projects.

Click on the photos to see larger versions.

And here is the seam embroidery for this pouch:


Both of these seam treatments are worked using waste canvas.

I have more 1 cellphone pouch that to stitch and then hopefully, over the weekend, I can assemble them and do the hand finishing:

The colors on this one feel a little odd to me but I know I can work with it.  Let's see where this one goes!

2 comments:

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Pam, the pouch turned out so pretty. I like the dimension on the leaves and, of course, the added beads.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I love the addition of the blue with the pretty pink rose - perfect! The bees and the hummer are pretty sweet too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails