Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Needful Things

My sweet friend Pat Winter always refers to crazy quilt supplies as "needful things".  Ok, so I stopped at my favorite stitching store yesterday afternoon, Welcome Stitchery in Crystal Lake, Illinois.  I needed waste canvas.  And I of course came out with more than just that!

My favorite threads to stitch with are the Watercolours by The Caron Collection.  These are a 3 ply thread and I use a single strand which is pretty equal to a #5 perle cotton.  I love the shaded threads and since I have a tendency to pile on the embellishments, I like a little bit heavier thread so my stitching shows up!  So, I needed 3 new colors of that.

My second favorite threads are the Kreinik metallics!  I needed (I really did) a gold #4 braid but I've also been collecting the Hologram Blending Filaments for my spider webs.  So I picked up the silver and the red Hologram Blending Filament and those are my needful things for the day!  It's my story and I'm sticking to it!

When I got home, I started stitching a little cellphone pouch:

I thought I'd make a few cellphone pouches for Christmas gifts.  And speaking of my sweet friend Pat, purples and greens always make me think of her!

Here's the news on my dad, so far, none of the test results found anything abnormal.  They're going to do one more test, and if that's normal, then it was most likely a small kidney stone.  Mom is already trying to get him to drink more water!

Thank you everyone for keeping him in your thoughts.

1 comment:

MulticoloredPieces said...

Just stopped by to admire your blog--very interesting. Your beadwork and crazy quilting is gorgeous and applied to dolls, purses, etc, it's over the top. Really liked the Mozart and Winter lady purses.
best from Tunisia,
nadia

Related Posts with Thumbnails