Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Home From Galena Illinois

Other than the rain all day on Saturday, Galena was beautiful as always!  Scott and I had to have walked miles and miles and miles!  Main Street in Galena is 1 mile long in 1 direction and if we walked it once, we walked it at least 30 times!

I was rather annoyed with my AT&T phone service though.  I had no internet access west of Rockford and once in Galena, I had no phone service most of the time.  What is up with that?  For what we pay for these phones and our service, we should be able to have internet and phone in the Sahara desert!  I will be contacting AT&T today with a complaint!  I was able to get a few text messages through to my sister.  She said that we were at a getaway and I shouldn't be worried about phone service and internet access.  LOL!!  Yeah, right!  I wanted a getaway in Galena.  I didn't want to leave the planet!  Ha, ha, ha!

Here are a few photos from Galena:

Post Civil War home of Ulysses S. Grant, 18th President of the United States (1869 - 1877).  We toured Grant's house a few years ago when we where here.  It's beautiful inside but surprisingly small!
.
Statue of U.S. Grant in Grant Park. 

Well, that's my post for today everyone.  Enjoy the photos and if you'd like to learn more about Ulysses S. Grant, you can read about him here.

3 comments:

eileen said...

Totally agree about the cell service, Pam. It's the same here on the East Coast. I also feel the same about cable TV...cost is astronomical and STILL nothing much to watch...lol

Laurie said...

I love the house Pam, someday maybe I'll see it in person. I love the charm and character of the older homes, this one looks so inviting.

Kim B said...

Looks super nice. My hubbie has been there, he is from Rockford, IL. Have a happy week. Hugs, Kim

Related Posts with Thumbnails