Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Friday, September 10, 2010

Pink Saturday - 9/11 Rememberance

I was taking a little break from Pink Saturday's but then Beverly emailed us and said that we could do something in rememberance of 9/11.  I decided to contribute this week.

In 2002, I made this sampler:


This is a one of a kind sampler.  I made it up as I stitched.  I just started at the top and worked my way down until I ran out of fabric.  I just had it framed this Summer.  Yes, I know, 2002 - 2010.  What can I say?  Framing is expensive!

Anyway, the reason I chose this for my Pink Saturday post is because I included a remembrance to 9/11 on this sampler:




Forget not the 11th day of the 9th month of the year 2001.

So that's my Pink Saturday 9/11 remembrance.

I'd like to thank Beverly, our sweet Pink Saturday hostess.  Please take a moment to visit her blog and perhaps if time permits, visit some of the other sweet Pink Saturday bloggers.

Before I head off line for now, I'm still accepting drawing entries for my Sewing Art Quilt:


The drawing will be held when I reach 300 followers.  For more details, please click here.

Finally for today, if you cope with depression or anxiety, you might find my series of "Creatively Coping" articles helpful.  Click here if you would like read them.

10 comments:

Annesphamily said...

What a gorgeous post. I am very glad I came back. Blessings to you, your are a talented and kind lady. Anne

ArchangelDecker said...

Oh, Pam! What a beautiful sampler! I wish you had had this for sale, because I would have snapped it up in a heartbeat!

Mosaic Magpie said...

I love how you choose to stitch the words out. Just like an olde time sampler.
Debbie

LizlovesVintage said...

Hi Pam,
What a nice post. Happy Pink Saturday! Hugs, LizlovesVintage

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Pam, I LOVE that sampler ! ( I think I see my name on there...:)) ) It is a very sweet and lovely reminder.
(())
Francie

Linden said...

Hi Pam, just found your blog through a forum post on Etsy and want to say what a beautiful sampler that is! A day that should indeed never, ever be forgotten.

So sorry on the loss of your Garfield - he must have had a wonderful, long and happy life. They are always with us.

Butterfly Works said...

This is a wonderful sampler....I know you will treasure it forever.....

Anonymous said...

I love your sampler! That must have been before I started following blogs. Or maybe you hadn't posted it.

Rose Anne B said...

WOW you do very beautiful CQing!!! Awesome presentation on this piece!

D. Jean Quarles said...

Love your sampler. Sorry so late, just now getting around to pink posts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails