Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Treasures From Galena

We didn't spend much in Galena this past weekend.  Had to be thankful just to be able to go.  I picked up a few treasures at the antique mall:


Isn't that pretty?  I love vintage embroidered linens!


A vintage Aunt Martha iron-on embroidery transfer pattern.  I'm always thrilled when I find a vintage pattern that I don't have in my extensive collection!!! 

I'm trying to decide if I should use that doily or cut it up for my crazy quilts.  I'm leaning towards using it on my dresser.

I bought these for my crazies.  Perfect cutters!


I have a weakness for these beautiful crocheted doilies with the pansies on them.  I have a few that mom made for me and a few that I've picked up over the years in my treasure travels.  The pansies are very pastel on this one.  So pretty!

The beads came from Galena Beads.  One of my favorite stores in Galena!  They were buy 1/get 1 so I was able to get a lot for my money!

So that's what I bought in Galena!  Money was tight but that's ok.  We were just happy to be there.

In other news, I added a few new things to the shop.  First, check out Kathi's new hand-felted pumpkin patch:


Isn't that precious?!!!  It's an original creation and all hand felted.  Those pumpkins are absolutely adorable!

Then I added one of my "trash to treasure" projects:


This was a junky old metal wall pocket that I picked up at the junk store.  Cute but kind of ugly.  Not anymore!  I filled the pocket with a pumpkin, berries and harvest flowers.  The crow sits atop the pumpkin.  Very soft and shabby chic!  Both are available here.

Yesterday, I started playing with some Autumn cuff bracelets.  Quite different from Debi's tutorial.  I'll have photos soon.  These are fun!  Unique techniques!!!

I'm also working on my next Creatively Coping with Depression article.  This one is taking me awhile but it's quite extensive and rather difficult for me to write.  I'll have it ready soon.

For now, have a great day everyone!

6 comments:

Pat @ My Tattered Elegance said...

So many lovely treasures. I loved the little embroidered birds. Don't you just love finding things you can use for the house or to craft with. Glad you are having such a good time.
Hugs, Pat

Parsley said...

Wonderful finds! I especially like the little blue birds.

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Love the needlework you found. I am always on the lookout for them too.
Looking forward to seeing your cuffs..I'm just finishing one up.
Hang in there!
(())

Tory said...

Pam, I found your blog a couple weeks ago, and am now an avid follower...you have truely inspired me to go dig out all the little treasures I have accumulated over the years (saving them for 'just the right project')...I already have ideas crashing into each other...thanx muchly...keep it up!!

Mosaic Magpie said...

what wonderful fun stuff you have found. That wall pocket is great.
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Great finds! I always love seeing what you find in Galena.

Related Posts with Thumbnails