Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Monday, March 15, 2010

Marie Antoinette Mixed Media Art Quilt

First, I'd like to say thank you to everyone who complimented my projects in yesterday's post.  If your email address is public, I can reply to each comment via email.  The only reason someone wouldn't get an email reply from me is because I don't have access to your address.  Please know that I truly appreciate each and every comment.  I know it takes time and it's just so nice to hear from everyone!

My head was sort of crazy today.  What a surprise!  I had a lot of trouble concentrating and focusing.  I somehow managed to finish up the tax stuff and when I was done, I said, "enough!  I'm going to play with my Marie quilt!"  And that's what I did.

I absolutely love Mixed Media Art Quilts.  I love how the creative energy goes into the design rather than the technical worries of perfect placement and finishing such as with sane quilts and even with Crazy Quilting, which certainly offers more freedom than sane quilts but for me, I still stress over skill & technique.

I think I can honestly say though, that I've got the Crazy Quilting thing down!  Mixed Media Art Quilts though, are another story.  I struggle big time with my perfectionism and doing things "the proper way".  I was taught not to mix paper & fabric, not to use glue on fabric, all sewing & stitching must be perfect and always, bind the edges!  Some of that is my ADD.  Some it is just what I was taught.

Well, I decided to just go with the flow on this one and not worry about all rules.  This is a challenge for me but here is what I have so far:

Marie Antoinette Mixed Media Art Quilt

This is sewed, stitched, glued and I will be adding some glitter to it!  It isn't done yet, but I'm quite pleased so far.  I have some fun little elements that I plan to add to it.  One thing at a time though.  The next step is to finish up around the Marie photo.

Stayed tuned!

1 comment:

LuLu Kellogg said...

Hi Pam~
I found you through my friend Cathy at Treasured Heirlooms. This Marie project is SO beautiful! Well done!
Warmly,
LuLu Kellogg

Related Posts with Thumbnails