Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Friday, March 26, 2010

Kitty & Me!

I've been trying to get to blogging all day!  I was at my mom's and was going to blog from dad's computer but I couldn't remember my Flickr password.  Arggggg.....

Well, I'm here now.  I have bread mixing in the Kitchenaid and I'll be starting on a pot of Italian Tortellini Soup momentarily.  In the meantime, I have a few new things to share today.

First are some sweet little Trinket Boxes by mom:

Annie Trinket Boxes

Aren't those just the cutest little Ragdolls?  And mom made the little quilts too.  I don't know if I'd ever attempt to sew up 1 inch squares!

I did finally finish up my little Cat Dolls yesterday:

Crazy Quilt Cat Doll

Crazy Quilt Cat Doll

Crazy Quilt Cat Doll

It's been awhile since I made some.  I designed the pattern a few years back when Pat started The Comfort Doll Project.  I made quite a few for the project and then got a little burned out on them.  I was going through some of my "ready to stitch" projects and found that I  had 3 cat dolls all ready to stitch so I pulled them out, stitched them and put them together.  As you know, my little black cat is my signature and these dolls are based on that.

In other news, last week when I was in Hobby Lobby, I found some beautiful pink satin fabric.  It's the perfect shade of pink for my Crazy Garden Quilt.  I started the process of getting the blocks ready to put together.  No photos yet but stay tuned.
I have quite a few "works in progress" going on right now.  There are about 3 in various stages at my mom's house and at least 5 here!  I have to pace myself but it's good to have a few different things in the works.  That way I have options depending on how I feel at any given moment.  And I'm feeling the need for a new purse!  I pulled my Easter purse out this morning and will use this for the next week or so:

Easter Purse

As for a new purse, I haven't been able to decide on what theme to do.  Again, I have quite a few purse blocks sewn up.  It's been awhile since I did something with a Seascape theme.  I have one ready to stitch with a beautiful vintage hankie that belonged to my grandmother.  I have a pink & green one with a cutsy pink butterfly and I've also been thinking about another peacock purse.  Oh, too many choices!!!!  What do you all think?

Well, finally for today, I'm going to share something with you that I don't usually do.  My dad gave me my Freshman School year photo today.  He suggested that I blog it.  I suggested that he put it on the firepit!  Ha, ha, ha.  Ok, I'm a fun person so here it is:


This was 1976 and I was 14 years old here.  Oh, those braces!!!!  Ick!!!!  I don't look that young anymore but who does!  Like I always say, it's not the years, it's the miles.  And not the physical miles but the mental and emotional miles!

Just for the record, this what I look like now:

Pam Galena 10

This was taken about 4 years ago.

Have a good evening everyone.  I'm off to make soup!

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Hi Pam, It's great to finally see a picture of you, and you're just like I pictured! I think I'm older than you by a few years, but I had the same metal braces. I even spent a summer in Europe with them on, and my favorite nickname (from among the many we all had, I'm sure) was "blitzableiter" from my Austrian boyfriend. It meant Lightening Conductor, LOL!! Love your kitties, and your purse too. And Marie.... oh heck, I love everything you do!! Hugs, Cathy

Anne said...

Hi Pam. I haven't visited in a long time. I loved seeing your picture from high school. We're the same age, and I had those braces too! Also, the long dark brown hair down to my rear. Nowadays, the brown comes out of a bottle!
I like what you've done with the site background. Lovely!

Cathy said...

Pam,

That picture of you in high school is adorable, but if you fly me to your house, I'll throw mine in the firepit with you! Actually I don't even have my high school photo (terrible Dad through it out ~ long sad story).

I adore the picture of you 4 years ago though. I am hoping when I get back from Jenn's Petticoats & Parasols event I have tons of pics to share.

Happy Pink Saturday my friend.

Cathy

FredaB said...

Hi Pam

I wish I was in Chicago so I could get out the pic of my daughter. She is just a bit younger but we have a pic with long brown hair and braces also. When I get home I will try and find it. She will probably kill me if I do - but she is a good sport.

I loved your Marie A pic. It is beautiful.

Hugs

FedaB

Judy S. said...

Your mom is really creative, Pam, just like you are! Those cat daolls are so cute. Great photo, too; it was fun to see you then and now...

Colleen Barnett said...

Hi Pam

I love your photos, both of them. You are very lovely, and just a few years older than I! I wish I had an iota of your talent. I was eyeing off the lovely pink and green cat doll you made. I am a huge fan of all things cat (and frogs, obviously) so this appeals to me.

You are a very clever young lady, keep up the good work!

xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails