Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Friday, April 20, 2007

Update On Bird Purse

I had every intention of doing the Palestrina Stitch on here. The Palestrina Stitch is of course Sharon's pick for this week's TAST Challenge. You may have noticed, that I haven't participated in TAST for the past couple of weeks. That's because I honestly don't care for some of the more complicated stitches. For me, I find the simple, basic stitches quite functional and attractive and they serve their purpose well for me.

I love the way the Palestrina Stitch looked on Sharon's example so I was determined to do it here on my Bird Purse. After 1/2 an hour of staring at the stitch diagram, not being able to figure out how do that knot, I gave up and opted for the Buttonhole Stitch instead. That produced a similar effect, so I accomplished the look I was going for but it doesn't have that cool knot along the edge:

Bird Purse

I have a terrible time figuring out how to do stitches that have a knot involved! I will attempt this again sometime but I'll admit, I was getting annoyed last night because I wanted to stitch, not stare at a diagram. Call me "Complicated Stitch Challenged"! Remember my struggle with the Cast-On Stitch? I mastered it, but I find them fussy and time consuming. I've found that it's easier for me to do tatted circles and then sew them on rather than working the Cast-On Stitch directly on my block.

The point that I'm trying to make here, is that stitching should be fun, not a chore. If your goal is to learn and master stitches that are new to you, then stick with it. You'll get the hang of them.

If your goal is to stitch for the sake of relaxing or to make something beautiful, then I say follow your bliss and do what you love. Stitch! That's what I do. I follow my bliss. There is nothing that I enjoy doing more than stitching and creating. It's what drives me. It's what guides my focus and gives me purpose.

Ok everyone, have a great day and follow your bliss! Go Stitch!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pamela, I love Sharon's site but sometimes the instruction need a more "close up" pic as to how to do a stitch. I worked mine from this site:
http://www.caron-net.com/classes/classmayfiles/clasmay2.html

Anonymous said...

I am sorry, the link didn't appear correctly. I will try it again.
http://www.caron-net.com/classes/classmayfiles/clasmay2.html

Anonymous said...

Ok, it should have /classmayfiles/clasmay2.html
If it doesn't work this time, I am so sorry

Anonymous said...

After all that, I forgot to say thank you for your wonderful blog. I check it everyday and really enjoy your work plus your generosity to share so much with everyone.

loulee said...

Pam I really like the stitches you have on the blue fabric with the birdie, they look like some kind of exotic fern, just right with the peacock/bird of paradise pin.

Terri Lee Takacs said...

Gosh Pam ~ thank's for being honest ~ I have been having trouble with those stitches too!I tryed for over an hour last night before I gave up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails