Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Peacock On Heart Block

I had a good few hours yesterday to work on this Peacock piece:

Peacock Heart Crazy Quilt

The fix for the peacock not popping was definitely to outline him in metallic gold. He sure pops now! And that funky earring is a most excellent tail isn't it? I waited to sew that on until I had most of the other do-dads on. I knew that earring would be a "pain in the behind" because my threads would catch on it.

I'd like to say a special thank you to June R. for the pretty little flowers that I used on my signature cat. June, I love them!

So how will I be finishing this? Well, you know I just love to make cellphone pouches so I believe this will be the first in a new line of cellphone pouch designs! When I get to finishing, I'll share the tutorial with you. Once I figure out what "I'm" doing!

If you're into exchanging hearts in the "Chain Of Hearts" group, but don't know what to do with your finished pieces, this might be a fun idea for you so stay tuned. And if anyone is interested, there are still some heart kits in my Etsy shop.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The more I look at that peacock's tail the more I think my mother had a pair of earrings very similar to that! Maybe a pair just like it!

I'm anxious to see how you finish this piece. I may want to call dibs on it!

Sue in western WA

Candi said...

Oh Pam, your block is fantastic!! It's just gorgeous!
HUGZ:)
Candi

feistyurchin said...

How wonderful! I adore peacocks and the way you've used the earring for the tail is just plain cool.

Related Posts with Thumbnails