Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Custom Purses & Cellphone Pouches

Yesterday, I assembled the last 3 cellphone pouches that I made. All I have left to do on them is to add the chain and the snaps. That's on my list for today.

I did some more stitching on the red hat purse too:

Red Hat Society Lady Purse

I painted the applique, sewed that on and started beading it. Looking at it on the computer, I might move the vintage gold trim down a little bit. I feel like it's too close to the feather stitch which is about the same width. Visually I feel like they compete with each other and I think I can solve that problem by moving it down just a bit.

I'll probably work on this most of the day today. The weather we've been having is making me an absolute crazy person. I feel like Bill Murrey in the Groundhog Day movie. Everyday I wake up and everyday the forecast is the same. It never changes. Cold and snow! I've never mentioned it before but I deal with Seasonal Affective Disorder. I can actually feel the storms and the changes in barometric pressure and it messes terribly with my nervous system. When I feel this way, the only thing I can focus on is stitching.

Janet asked me if this was a cellphone pouch or a purse. This will be a purse, the same style as the White Peacock Purse. I found beaded goldtone handles at Michaels for it and I have some gorgeous red upholstry fabric to use on the back.

I don't know if anyone is interested but I will gladly do custom purses and cellphone pouches. Any theme or any color. I can use photos too like I did with the vintage image of my grandfather. Feel free to email me if you'd like a custom project.

3 comments:

allie aller said...

Very sorry to hear about the weather getting to you, Pam. We have winters here that are like that: rain EVERY single day, for weeks and months.
One morning during a record breaking year for rainfall, when I was going completely mad I decided the thing to do was go down into town to the hairdressers and get a new hairdo...what was so funny was that the place was jammed, the windows steamed up with crazy women who had the same idea as me.
Creating beautiful stitching is a much better coping mechanism!

Susan said...

I like the way the painting turned out on the lace, and the SRE on the hat. The gold lace doesn't bother me where it is, but a little space between the two won't bother me, either. I just love the feather stitching. You have hundreds of examples of that for tast this week. =)

You really need to move to Phoenix, Tucson, or San Diego. =)

Unknown said...

Its looking good. Though I agree about the vintage lace. I don't know where my eyes are suppose to go.

The weather here sucks too and my girls have shared their cold with me too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails