Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

New Projects

I didn't manage any stitching time yesterday. I'm in the middle of a design project so I was focused on that all day and then when my husband came home from work, we ran up to Michaels so I could use my coupon. Love those Michaels Craft Store coupons!

I did pull out two new projects to work on:

Spring Purse

This will be a purse with a Spring theme. I sewed this block up a couple of weeks ago. I have no idea where it's going to go so it should be interesting to watch my progress on this one.

Embroidered Peacock

I traced this one awhile back on some muslin that I had hand-dyed. I plan to stitch this entirely with DMC Rayon Floss. Yes, call me crazy! It's a challenge to work with but I love it because of the shine!

I don't know if I'll have time to start on both of these today. Like I said, I'm in the middle of a design project. And normally, I only work on one stitching project at a time but I've been wanting to do some more simple old-fashioned embroidery and I always want to crazyquilt so I thought I'd alternate on these.

Speaking of old-fashioned embroidery and iron-on transfers, specifically Vogart patterns, Laren of The Needle's Excellency blog has put alot of time into cataloging all of the pattern packs that Vogart produced from the 40's - 60's. This is a wonderful resource for those of you who like me, collect vintage Vogart patterns. You can find Laren's Vogart Reference Library site here.

I was quite to surprised to see how many I'm missing! I have quite a few but not all of them. Now I'll have to start adding to my collection again!

2 comments:

Maddie Can Fly said...

I did a peacock totally in the rayon threads so it can be done -- especially if you have a "colorful" vocabulary (LOL)
p.s. I think there may be a pic of it in my blog archives, but I don't remember which month)

Susan said...

Love your block and your peacock. How's the rayon going? There's a very shiny silk - Empress - that Evening Star designs is closing out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails