Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Fish Under The Sea Block


Fish Under The Sea
Originally uploaded by Kitty And Me.
I just started on this block which will have a "Fish Under The Sea" theme.
I have absolutely no clue where I'm going with this piece and am feeling quite challenged at the moment. I have a ton of pretty little fish beads and charms, i have all sorts of small sea shells (I'll need Scott to drill some holes in them for me) and that's all I know about what I'm doing!

I wanted to cover the seams but only did a simple feather stitch on each seam using a thread color as close to the fabric as I could. The blue fabric at the top is one of my painted dryer sheets.

I'm off to figure out where I want to go with this. I should have more to share tomorrow.

3 comments:

Susan said...

The colors are wonderful, and the feather stitches are so even. Did you say "painted dryer sheets?" As in Bounce and like that? I guess I haven't read far enough back, or skipped around too much in your blog!

Pamela Kellogg said...

Hi Susan! My feather stitches where done using 8.5 count waste canvas. That's how I get them so even.

And yes, dryer sheets like Bounce. I'm going to be doing a tutorial on making flowers with the painted dryer sheets. That'll come sometime in September or October and it'll be a 2 part tutorial. It's a really fun project and the flowers are perfect for crazy quilting.

June said...

I love the simplicity of this. The eveness of your stitches is what makes it so beautiful. June

Related Posts with Thumbnails