Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Friday, December 30, 2005

Key To My Heart Block Completed!


Valentine Block Day 8
Originally uploaded by Kitty And Me.
After running my vacuum cleaner, doing a load of laundry and running to the bank, I worked on this all afternoon and completed it!

I added the cherub button beneath the blue applique, I embroidered the seam on the bottom left and beaded that, then did the vine next to it and added the hearts and some more beads. I don't know why the red hearts look so bright. They are the same exact color as the big heart in the middle.

Anyway, The gold heart in the middle of the big red heart is a pin that I found at a flea market over the Summer. I had to cut the pinback off with wire cutters. I sewed that on and then added a teeny tiny gold heart charm inside of that.

I'd love to do the finishing on this next week but we'll see if that happens.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Just beautiful. I really like your trademark vines - they are most effective. The whole block is really good, too - sort of Victorian without being kitsch.

Cannot wait to see where you head off next.

Gina E. said...

Soooooo pretty...where do I find it to buy/bid?

sharonb said...

Pam this is really nice, as Linda points out the vines are a really successful motif that you use well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails