Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Stash Additions

I was up at my local needlework shop, Welcome Stitchery in Crystal Lake, Illinois today. The needlework industry has been bombarded with primative style designs and although I don't have any particular problem with that if someone likes those sort of designs, I just don't care for them and I'm actually rather tired of looking at them.

So I didn't buy any patterns, which is fine. After all, I'm a designer so I have a computer full of the style of designs that I like! I'm not into stitching counted work these days though. So what I did buy, was some pretty Watercolor threads from The Caron Collection. I like to use these on my crazy quilts.

WatercolorThreads

And now one of these days, I have to get back to crazy quilting!

2 comments:

Gina E. said...

I am firmly convinced that you and I are kindred spirits, Pam - I feel exactly as you do about those so-called primitive designs. They look like something a child has drawn - fine if you're a child, but I expect something more sophisticated from adult designers.

Chris said...

I'm tired of primitive designs too. Then you have to stitch them with expensive overdyed floss to make the simple shapes look more colorful. I love all the beautiful colors and shading done with plain old DMC in your designs Pam. The extra work changing colors while stitching is so worth it in the end.

Related Posts with Thumbnails