Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Friday, December 16, 2005

Valentine Block Day 1


Valentine Block Day 1
Originally uploaded by Kitty And Me.
I looked through the rest of my lace stash but I didn't find anymore pieces of crocheted rick rack. I'll be keeping my eyes open for more of that next time I'm out and about in the antique malls and flea markets.

In the meantime, I did start on the Valentine block. I appliqued a red heart on using the freezer paper technique. After cutting the foundation fabric to get the freezer paper out, I added a bit of fiberfill to make the heart puff out, just like I did with the red hat. Then I whip stitched the back closed.

That's about as far as I managed to get on this. I do have time to stitch now, but unfortunately, I've been a bit restless. It's due to the holidays and the weather as well as the time of year here.

The short daylight hours, the cold and snow all get on my nerves. I feel like all I've done is shovel the driveway!

This isn't at all unusual for me. I usually start to feel better by mid-January, when I can see that it's starting to stay light out longer. That's only a few weeks away. In the meantime, I'll work on this when I'm up to it and post photos as I go along.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails