Crazy Quilting, Cross Stitch and Embroidery Blog

Home Of CRAZY QUILT QUARTERLY MAGAZINE!


Add This To

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

2 Autumn Finishes

I stitched up these two little holiday designs and did the finishing last Friday.

halloween

A cute little jack-o-lantern for Halloween

Thanksgiving

And little turkey design for our American Thanksgiving

If I was using my brain the day I scanned these, I would have scanned them before I stuffed them, you know when they were still flat and easy to fit on the scanner! But I think my brain was on vacation that day and I didn't think of it until I had them finished! These are little doorknockers (pillows that hang on a doorknob). Both are crayon tinted.

6 comments:

Janet said...

They are both simply adorable Pam... would be great to see your home all decked out for the holidays. I always wanted to do that, but never seem to get around to it.(too many other things always going on)

Podkayne said...

Pam, I really like the little doorknockers. The holiday theme is a great idea, but I especially like the Chicken Scratch one you did for you friend Chris. The finishing is absolutely marvelous. Thank you for another solution for finishing small pieces.

Podkayne

Robin said...

Pam,
I love the Turkey - where did you get the pattern for him?

Pam Kellogg said...

Robin, I'll have to go through my transfers and figure out where he came from. I want to say he's an Aunt Martha's transfer but I'm not 100% sure. When I have a little extra free time, I'll check on him and let you know.

kay susan said...

This crayon tinting with outline stitching is a really nice effect.

tweety said...

These are very nice! I'm going to have to try color tinting. Great project ideas for the holidays.
Billie

Related Posts with Thumbnails