Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Monday, June 02, 2008

Take It Further Challenge - June

Sharon B. has posted the concept and color palette for the June Take It Further Challenge. I must admit, I'm going to have to stretch my imagination again for this one!

The concept is stash and stories that are and the stories that are possible regarding stash.

Does my stash have a story? You betcha! And I was recently reminded of it while reorganizing it. To be honest, I have way more than I will ever use. But I won't go into too many personal details. I seem to be on a path of self-actualization here and am discovering all sorts of interesting things about myself. Many of them, I don't care for. But it is what it is and all I can do is accept it and move on.

With that said, I have no idea how to execute the story of my stash. The only thing I can think of is to load up my block with everything I have but the kitchen sink! There is a pun in that statement that you'll get if you hop over to Sharon's blog and read her post on this months challenge.

In the meantime, I've matched the DMC floss colors up to Sharon's palette:

TIF June palette

This one was a tough! That last gray color is not exact. It's the closest I could get based on DMC's floss colors. This is really just a guide to help other's who joined in on the challenge.

As always, my medium is crazy quilting and my block will be 9 inches square. At the end of the year, I intend to sew my blocks into a wall quilt. I doubt I'll have time to sew this block up right away. I expect it may have to wait until next week.

My father is still doing very well. He's walking only with a cane now. He asked me to take him up to WalMart today so I did. It'll still be a few more weeks before he can drive so I'll continue to do errands for my parents as well as my own and I'm still in the process of cleaning out closets and cupboards.

1 comment:

sharonb said...

Thanks Pam for matching the colours you do a great job at this and its every month with out fail

Related Posts with Thumbnails