Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Thursday, January 18, 2007

TAST and The White Peacock Purse

I didn't complete this last night like I had hoped, but I did get quite a bit done including the beading on the Detached chain leaves on the vine to the right of the peacock:

Beaded Detached Chain

The beads give it a whole new look! They add more color and dimension to the stitching. I used 1 light green bugle bead in the center of each Detached Chain stitch.

Here's what the entire block looks like:

Green And Purple Block

This afternoon, I'll add the spider web to the bottom left-hand corner and highlight the peacock's wing with some silver thread and then it's complete. I'll have another update for you tomorrow.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It may be too much, but a few purple beads in the tailfeathers?? It looks marvelous, as do all of your purses, squares, .... so much talent .... I keep getting the urge to do something ... If I stick around much more, I will .... I even picked up fabric scraps at the flea market :) Thanks for the inspiration!!

Debra Dixon said...

Beautiful!

allie aller said...

I've always loved how you put bugle beads inside your detached chains on the feather stitch base. That is the "Pamela Look" in my mind!
Think I will stitch a tribute to you and that on my next little border block...;-)

Candi said...

Your block is absolutely beautiful!! You are truly an inspiration to keep learning all about CQ'ing! Thanks so much for all you share.
HUGZ:)
Candi

Susan said...

It looks great! Because of the flash of the camera, I can't tell - are those purple beads or sequins making the flowers on the vine? It's just a beautiful block.

Pink and Barbara said...

love that peacock!

Related Posts with Thumbnails