Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Crazyquilt Heart Kits and Cellphone Pouches

I spent the majority of yesterday running my sewing machine. That's one of my favorite things to do! I sewed up some 6 inch crazyquilt hearts and have put them together into kits with some lace, beads and a button and added them to my Etsy shop. I had a great time putting those kits together and can't wait until I have time to do some more! The foundation piecing is such an enjoyable process for me.

After straightening up, I spent the late afternoon and evening stitching. I finished my little Spiderweb Cellphone Pouch:

Spiderweb Cellphone Pouch

This is so pretty and I'm so pleased with it considering that when I started stitching on it, I wasn't sure what direction it should go in!

My next piece will be this little cellphone pouch:

Neutral Cellphone Pouch

This is an experiment piece for me. I have a purse block sewn up with the exact same fabrics. I mentioned a few weeks back that I wanted to do a block in light neutral colors and then do all the stitching in black. I decided that I would do that on this small piece first to see how it looks before working the purse block. I'm visualizing this as having a "Blackwork" feeling to it but I won't know for sure until I actually start stitching on it. I just thought it would be best to experiment on a small piece first. If I don't like it or it doesn't work out as planned, then I can do something else with the large piece and not feel that my fabrics are wasted.

On the TAST front, Sharon has chosen the Cretan Stitch for this week's focus. Hmmmm......this is a stitch that I have never done. My grandmother never taught it to me and I never found it attractive enough to want to try it. But, try it I will! First I'll have to hop over to Sharon's Stitch Dictionary to see how it's done and then I'll figure out my own take on it.

Ok, I'm off now to assemble these latest 3 cellphone pouches. I really enjoying doing these little projects in between my purses. It's fun to see something work up quickly even though crazyquilting for me, isn't about the destination but rather the journey!

2 comments:

loulee said...

Wow Pam, I love that spider web piece.

Anonymous said...

Pam,

I'm looking forward to seeing your "blackwork" piece on the neutral cellphone pouch!

Related Posts with Thumbnails