Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Monday, January 22, 2007

Lots To Share Today!

I did absolutely nothing yesterday but watch TV and stitch! I completed my little Sunflower Cellphone Pouch:

Sunflower Cellphone Pouch

The scanner lid kind of smooshed the little sunflowers. Those are little silk sunflowers that I took off of a garland that I bought awhile back. They were kind of boring so I decided to put a bit of glitter on them. Only, my glitter was in a box at the bottom of my craft closet. I didn't feel like taking everything out to get to it but then I remembered that I had some glitter glue for making cards and that was easy to get to so I decided to try using that and it worked! Thank goodness I have so many craft supplies!

This was a bit challenging as I normally don't work with yellow and orange. The blue is quite complimentary and I am really pleased with how it came out. I even strayed from my comfort zone and used a silver tone butterfly instead of a gold one! When I get it assembled, I will post a better photo of it.

When I completed the sunflower pouch, I started on this one:

Spiderweb Cellphone Pouch

Sorry, I forgot to scan it for you before I started on it. Anyway, there will be a spider in the web. Carol Samples has a lovely pattern for a spiderweb and vine in her Treasury Of Crazyquilt Stitches book and I've been taken with it since I bought my copy. I wasn't sure what to do with this block when I started but then I remembered Carol's book and decided it might be fun to do a spiderweb as a focal point! I should have this one completed later today.

Last but not least, I completed all of my purses except for the White Peacock purse which I hope to finish later this week. The first one to be listed in my Etsy shop is the Purple Painted Lady Purse:

Painted Lady Purse 1

I put this on a silver purse frame and made the chain detachable. I really love working the frames! They work nice and look great!

That's it for today's news. I'm off to run my sewing machine for a few hours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the sunflower pouch!

Related Posts with Thumbnails