Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

More Fun With Dryer Sheets


Dryer Sheets 3
Originally uploaded by Kitty And Me.
As promised, here are scans of the dryer sheets I did yesterday. They're not nearly as dark as they look here. They're very pastel and really just have a hint of metallic sparkle to them from the paint.

I dyed these first with Jacquard dyes. Once dry, I brushed just a bit of the Jacquard Lumier paint on them. This produced a different effect than what I did the day before.

As for what to do with them, I plan to use them in my Crazy Quilts. They can be torn to produce a soft, ragged edge or cut with scissors in various shapes such as leaves and flowers. They can be layered over other fabrics and since they're not stiff from the paint, embroidering on them should be rather easy as long as there's a foundation fabric underneath them.

As soon as I get some more of my finishing done, I'd like to play with them a bit and see what I come up with.

Thanks to everyone who emailed me and offered to send me some. I think I'm good to go for awhile now!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails