Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Dryer Sheet Pansy


Dryer Sheet Pansy
Originally uploaded by Kitty And Me.
If you own Judith Montano's "Floral Stitches" book, you'll probably recognize this pansy pattern. Judith did hers out of velvet.

I wanted to do something cool with my painted dryer sheets so I used Heat & Bond and applied them to pastel solid colored cotton fabric. Once I had everything bonded together, I used some iron-on interfacing on the back of the pansies.

I drew up the leaves myself but they're not attached at this point.

I used 3 strands of DMC embroidery floss for the blanket stitching and I think I'm going to do some tatted rings for the centers with beads. Then I'll embroider the black lines in and some veins on the leaves.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails