Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Goodies From The Land Down Under

Recently, my friend Gina of Patra's Place in Australia, offered to send me some pieces of vintage lace from her collection for my Crazy Quilting. I asked Gina if we could do a trade and she agreed. Gina asked for some Aunt Martha's Iron-On transfers since they don't seem to be available in Australia.

So when I was in WalMart, I picked out some tranfer designs that I thought she would like and I mailed them to her last week. I don't think my package has arrived yet. But Gina's package arrived here last Friday. Wow! What beautiful things she sent me! I've scanned a few of the pieces to post here:

Lace1

The black lace has metallic threads in it! Very sparkly!

Lace2

Aren't these unusual? They just don't make anything like this these days!

Lace3

Along with all the beautiful lace pieces, Gina also sent me a small piece of fabric with a pretty teapot and teacup on it. I plan to cut the motifs out and hand applique them onto a a block.

And then, Gina sent me this little bookmark with gorgeous Blue Wrens on it! She knows how much I love birds and I'm absolutely facinated with the colorful birds in Australia.

Thank you so much Gina! I love everything!

2 comments:

Gina E. said...

You're very welcome, Pam!

Gina E. said...

Today (Tuesday Sept.20) I received my swap package - and I am absolutely TICKLED PINK!!! Thank you so much Pam - I love all the transfer designs as well as the metallic threads. What a fantastic addition to my stash!

Related Posts with Thumbnails