Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pretty Cellphone Pouches

I'm working on some pretty Crazy Quilt Cellphone Pouches for Christmas gifts.  I mean, who doesn't have a cellphone and who wouldn't like a pretty pouch to keep it in?  Mine is a IPhone and I like to keep mine in a pouch to protect the screen from getting all scratched up just in case my keys decide to have a party in my purse!

Anyway, I finished up my purple and green pouch yesterday:

I didn't want to do any Silk Ribbon Embroidery on these because that can also get caught on keys and other purse contents.  So I figured, buttons are a safe addition.  These are vintage Mother Of Pearl buttons accented with large seed beads.

And here is the seam embroidery up close:




All of these seam treatments, including the feather stitch, are worked with my Waste Canvas technique.  Click on each photo to see a larger version.

And here is my next little cellphone pouch:

I painted the appliques and sewed the lace and trim on last night so now it's ready for embroidery and beads.

2 comments:

Marjolein said...

Very pretty! I wonder how you get so much done in one day.

Michelle said...

Hi Pam-Just gorgeous! I love the purple and green! The detail on these pouches give them a very high-end look! Great job! Michelle

Related Posts with Thumbnails