Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Monday, July 04, 2011

Happy 4th Of July!

Happy 4th of July everyone!  It looks like our temps are going to be a little more tolerable today.  It was a hot weekend but that didn't stop us from heading out to a small flea market yesterday.  The walking feels good and the thrill of the hunt is pure stimulation for my crazy ADD brain!  LOL!!!

I didn't find a lot of treasure yesterday but that's ok.  What I did find are 2 little vintage cookbooks to add to my collection:

The Watkins booklet is copyrighted 1934 and the Carnation booklet is copyrighted 1946.  There are some nice recipes in these little cookbooks and I'm thrilled to have these in my collection.  I only paid $4.00 for the 2 of them!

Be sure to download the PDF file for my 1925 Bakers Chocolate Cookbook!

I also picked up a couple of cards of vintage buttons:

The white buttons are glass with touches of gold on them.  The little pink cameo buttons and the purple rhinestone buttons are plastic.  These were kind of unique so I thought they would be fun for my crazyquilting.

Have a safe and Happy 4th of July everyone!

3 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

Happy 4th Pam!

(I have serious button envy...I LOVE buttons!)

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

Christie Cottage said...

I love old cookbooks! They don't require ingredients I don't keep on hand! LOL

Have a great day!

<><
http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

Kim B said...

I am sure you will find something lovely to put those buttons on. The cookbooks are in very good condition for their age. Hope you had a happy 4th. Hugs, Kim

Related Posts with Thumbnails