Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Monday, October 11, 2010

Chicken Vegetable Soup Recipe

Not much to share today everyone.  I had to call my Dr. yesterday as the withdrawals were so bad and the depression is not gone yet.  She told me to increase the Zoloft back to 50 milligrams per day and then we'll try dropping the dosage again in a few months.  Feels like a step back but I just couldn't take it anymore.  Maybe more of the depression will be gone in a few months.

I did manage to make a big pot of my Chicken Vegetable Soup yesterday:





Here's the recipe:


CHICKEN VEGETABLE SOUP

3 - 4 pounds cooked chicken breast diced
1 cup diced celery
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup diced onion
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1 pound bag frozen mixed vegetables
4 14 oz cans low sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsely or 2 teaspoons dried parsley

Saute onion, carrots, celery & garlic in olive oil.  In soup pot, combine all other ingredients.  Add sauted veggies and let simmer for 1/2 hour.

This recipe makes a huge pot!  It's low salt and low fat.  And it freezes well!  Perfect for a cold Winter day.

I'll leave you with some Gingerbread Men Tussy Mussy's by mom:




5 comments:

Kim B said...

I think that soup looks great. I will try that one day soon. Hopefully you will feel good soon; at least the withdrawals will be gone. Tell mom, the tussy mussys are so pretty.
Hugs,
Kim

Laurie said...

I was concerned about the lower dosage Pam, and hope you're feeling better soon. This is such a terrible disease.
How is your mother doing?

Mosaic Magpie said...

Nothing better than a good bowl of soup. This is very similar to my recipe and we love it. I add a little bit of cloves for added flavor, try that sometime. Glad they are uping your dose. It is better to take a little more and feel good, than you suffering any longer. Maybe they can try decreasing in the Spring when the seasonal depression thing is not as bad. Thinking of you.
Cute tussies and the little gingerbread man adds a great touch.
Tell Mom hi!
Debbie

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Sorry to hear that you're meds are giving you problems again. I think it's wise to increase them for at least the winter anyway, especially with you having SAD too. I know it isn't the way you want to go, but sometimes it turns out to be a necessary thing.

Judy S. said...

Soup sounds yummy, Pam. Hope you're feeling better today!

Related Posts with Thumbnails