Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Monday, March 03, 2008

Take It Further Palette March

We did finally get our Bald Eagle weekend! Our photos didn't come out well though. This photo is from our Eagle weekend last year:

Bald Eagles February 2007

If you would like see more of my photos from last year, click on the image to go to my Flickr site.

Sharon B. has announced the concept and color palette for the March Take It Further Challenge. I've matched up the DMC Floss colors to Sharon's palette:

Take It Further Palette March

Here is Sharon's theme for March:

Do you ever notice the little things, the small moments, the details in life? This months challenge is to do just that, pay attention to the tiny details. Sometimes the small things become emblematic for something larger.

While reading Sharon's blog post, I immediately thought of the most beautiful tiny detail I know of. What would a Summer garden be without a hummingbird! They're so little, you would miss them if you weren't looking for them.

And for reasons I won't mention here, they're personally significant to me. So, I have chosen a Hummingbird as my detail for the March challenge. I bought a beautiful crystal hummingbird pin over the weekend to use on my block. I will also be working with Sharon's color palette.

I'm going to run my sewing machine today. I have a few things that need sewing up and I'd like to get my block put together as well so I can start stitching on it.

1 comment:

Judy S. said...

Hi Pam,

That's a great eagle photo; did you use a special lens, or were you really that close?

Those colors should be great for a ruby-throated hummingbird! I am always amazed to see them here even in the winter.

Related Posts with Thumbnails