Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Sharon's Take A Stitch Tuesday Challenge Has Begun!

Good Morning everyone! I am still a bit under the weather here. Well, actually more than a bit! Today I will be parking myself on my sofa, stitching and watching movies. I am hoping by tomorrow, the worst of this will have passed and I can get on with my usual routine of buzzing around the house and doing my thing. I'm not one to sit still for long periods of time but I guess that's how today will have to be.

Sharon started off her "Take A Stitch Tuesday Challenge" with the Herringbone stitch. I'll admit, this has never been one of my favorites. I'm not sure why I never really liked it. I use it on occasion but it always looks too straight to me. I think I like stitches that have a scallop to them.

I gathered a bit of strength a few minutes ago and dug through my stash in search of a piece of 14 count Aida. I decided to actually play with this stitch a bit and see if I can't make the Herringbone into something that I do like.

I'm really not a formal person and would prefer not to keep a stitch dictionary or start a journal on this. I just thought I'd work these stitches like a sampler on fabric and see what I come up with. So please check back tomorrow to see what I do with this.

Also, stop back shortly for Part 1 of the Dryer Sheet Pansy tutorial. I'll have that ready and published in a few minutes. First, I need to drag myself into my kitchen and get some juice!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails